Explore Maaharo in Finland
Maaharo in the region of Province of Western Finland is a town in Finland - some 129 mi or ( 207 km ) West of Helsinki , the country's capital city .
Current time in Maaharo is now 07:25 PM (Thursday) . The local timezone is named " Europe/Helsinki " with a UTC offset of 2 hours. Depending on the availability of means of transportation, these more prominent locations might be interesting for you: Riga, Tallinn, Waarenpea, Uusikaupunki, and Ulvila. Since you are here already, make sure to check out Riga . Where to go and what to see in Maaharo ? We have collected some references on our attractions page.
Videos provided by Youtube are under the copyright of their owners.
Interesting facts about this location
Pohitullin palloiluhalli is an indoor basketball sporting arena that is located in Uusikaupunki. It is currently home to the Korihait Finnish professional basketball team, which competes in the Korisliiga. It has also been the homecourt of Finland national basketball team for a couple of times. The arena was opened in the year 1981 and has a seating capacity of 1,507 people. Record attendance is 2,500.
Located at 60.80 21.41 (Lat./Long.); Less than 7 km away
Valmet Automotive (former Saab-Valmet) is a Finnish car maker. The majority of company is owned by Metso. Valmet Automotive is a contract manufacturer of specialty automobiles.
Located at 60.81 21.45 (Lat./Long.); Less than 8 km away
Kalanti (Swedish: Kaland, also known as Uusikirkko during 1915–1936) is a former municipality in Finland Proper region, Finland. Kalanti is first mentioned in historical sources 1332. It was merged with Uusikaupunki in 1993.
Located at 60.82 21.56 (Lat./Long.); Less than 14 km away
Helsinki village landing
The Helsinki village landing was fought during the Finnish War, between Sweden and Russia 26–28 September 1808 a part of the battles’ of Turku archipelago. Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden planned a large landing operation, over 8000 strong. Due to the difficult sea weather conditions, the task force under colonel Anders Fredrik Skjöldebrad was forced to return as broken and damaged back to Sweden.
Located at 60.61 21.44 (Lat./Long.); Less than 17 km away
- Maannkulma (Province of Western Finland)
- Maaninka (Province of Eastern Finland)
- Maakyla (Province of Southern Finland)
- Maakeski (Province of Southern Finland)
- Maakanen (Province of Western Finland)
- Maajoki (Province of Southern Finland)
- Maajarvi (Province of Southern Finland)
- Maahaaro (Province of Western Finland)
- Lyytilänmäki (Province of Eastern Finland)
- Lyytikkala (Province of Western Finland)
- Lyytikkala (Province of Eastern Finland)
- Lyytikkala (Province of Southern Finland)
- Lyttyla (Province of Western Finland)
- Lyottila (Province of Southern Finland)
- Lyokki (Province of Western Finland)
- Lylyvaara (Province of Eastern Finland)
Information of geographic nature is based on public data provided by geonames.org, CIA world facts book, Unesco, DBpedia and wikipedia. Weather is based on NOAA GFS.